Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dillinger...

This is my last story for today and I think everyone will be fully updated.

Last Thursday night (April 22) after returning from our disappointing ultrasounds I was changing Dills diaper and found blood coming out of his penis. OMFG was all I could think. I told Lily to grab my phone I was hoping it wasn't to late for our pediatricians after hours clinic, but it was. So off to the ER we went. We were there all night, the Dr wanted to do a catheter. However I know from his rickets experience that they have bags to put on little boys that aren't invasive. So I told them to get one and I would put on myself. That is what we did.

After a few hours he finally peed, they looked at the urine and sure enough he has a UTI. Which I did not know at the time is very uncommon for little boys. (I remember getting UTI's when I would have to many bubble baths, so I figured it was the same for boys...not the case.) The Dr prescribed an antibiotic and told me to follow up with his pediatrician to have some testing started. Tomorrow we go to the pedi to make sure the infection is gone, then he will write the orders for a dye/xray thing. The thought is that he has urinary reflux. (Baby has PUV, Dillion would have VUR, getting all this straight? ugh) It is possible for Dillion to have the same thing as Baby Tres, but to a lesser degree. Hopefully we will find out soon. I am tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment