Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Let's be done with these surgeries already!

Surgery #2 is out of the way! It was actually pretty quick and relatively low on the pain scale. The surgery center had us out the door 2 hours and 15 minutes after I went back for the procedure. And so far the pain has only been a "6" out of 10.  On a typical day my knee is about a "4-5" on the pain scale anyway, so not to much difference. (Update, I wrote most of this yesterday and since then the pain has gone to a "9" at times, especially when I woke up this morning. Thank goodness for pain meds!)

Recovery is going to be super quick I think, the hardest part is not being able to do my fair share around the house. I hate sitting on the couch looking at something that needs to be done or hearing one of the kids ask for a drink and not being able to jump up to get it for them. Even if  could jump up to get it, I wouldn't be able to carry it because of these oh-so-fun crutches! Oh well, next week the kids will be out of school for the summer and I should be better than normal. So we will be able to enjoy an active, fun filled summer break!

In related news, James talked to the orthopedic Dr after surgery and he said fingers crossed for no additional surgeries. We should know more after my post op appointment next week. And then he wants me to give it a couple weeks to walk around and see if the pain comes back. If not, then I am done! That would be amazing! I was thinking maybe 6 weeks of healing time from the next surgery would be doable. But after 2 days of not being mobile I am over it already! 6 weeks would be bad for my mental health for sure!

Moving on, in exercise news, I did a 15 minute High Intensity Interval Training video yesterday before surgery. Then I thought it would be a great idea to take a lap around the circle we live on last night, it is a 1/4 mile. Now my upper body is super sore from using the crutches in addition to my leg already being sore. (I don't think my leg was made any worse from the walk, it was really just along for the ride.) My goal for today was 1/2 a mile. I highly doubt that is happening. Oh and I am also doing a 30 day AB challenge with some girls on FB. It has a calendar with little things to do each day. Then by the end of the 30 days you are able to do 125 sit up, 200 crunches, 65 leg raise and a 120 second plank. So far so good!

Finally, my biopsy from surgery last week came back and it was bengin as we had hoped! Also the gene tests came back and I do NOT carry the cancer gene. So that is all amazing news! I could not be happier to hear both of those things! I know that it doesn't mean I have no chance of getting cancer, but a normal risk of 12% is a lot better than a cancer gene risk of 87%! Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and kid care assistance you have offered up recently. It is truly appreciated!

So ending today happy as always :)

Yours Truly,
The Pain Meds


No comments:

Post a Comment