Monday, May 20, 2013

Health for Life!

Dear Friends and Fellow Bloggers!

Time to start up the old blog again! It has been right at 3 years since I made a post here on Documentations On Life. Documenting isn't exactly something I have a lot of time for anymore...However, it is important to me to make time for this! I love looking back at the blog from years ago and remembering so clearly what things were like then, bringing back the same emotions I felt then! Plus I have recently recommitted myself to being healthy and I want to remember this journey. So I am making the time with hopes that this blog will inspire someone else to change their life for the better as well!

Over the next few months I am going to be posting about some life changing measures I am taking to improve mine and my families life's. Measures that will make us all healthier as well as happier! Currently there are 3 surgeries "on the books" for our family this year with at least one more likely to be added. I have started a new exercise program that I am very excited about! And of course I will be posting about our constant search for healthier foods and ways to live our life's!

So why am I doing all this? Why am I "voluntarily" going to the trouble and expense of doctor appointments and surgeries? Well, because as you all probably know I lost my mother 3 years and 1 month ago today. She was in failing health...well really all my life. I do not ever remember my mother without a limp, eventually going to crutches and for the last 8 years of her life a wheelchair. When I recently asked a team of doctors about how a certain disease I have would progress they told me that the best way to find out is to look to my mother's health. Well that of course scared me pretty good! She was so young when she died and was in so much pain for so many years. That is not the way I want my life to go, so I am taking matters into my own hands. I am addressing each problem I have and fixing them as quickly as possible!

The first problem I am addressing is an ongoing pain in my left knee. It has been there for at least a year and a half and I am so ready for it to be gone! Then a mass in my right breast which I found about 5 years ago when pregnant with Dillion. Then of course my weight. I have been overweight for longer than I can remember, truly. From pictures it looks like around the time I was 5 I started to really chunk up. It is time to conquer this problem and put it behind me for good!

Each of these problems will come with it's own blog or two in the coming weeks. So I hope you will stick with me and read about my journey. I could really use the help with you all keeping me accountable! Feel free to comment so we can chat about how things are progressing!

Thank you for reading!
Melissa


Disclaimer: All blogs will be written with 2 young boys pulling on my arm or at the end of the night when I am only half sane. So bear with me and any ramblings that don't quite compute  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment