Thursday, February 19, 2009

James and Melissa


Let's face it, their can be no babies or blog about them without first having a mommy and daddy. So here is our story...we met via the Internet when I was still a Junior in high school (17). He was the ripe old age of 19 and working for a local school corporation as a computer tech. We had our first "date" when we went to see How the Grinch Stole Christmas in December of 2000. Sooo long ago, but I still think about that first kiss every time I go past the theatre. I can't believe I almost didn't go in...talk about making the right decision!

In the years to follow we were together off an on. He took to a trip to Thailand, we both dated other ppl for short periods of time. In 2002 after I graduated from high school I moved to Bloomington and their has been no seperating us!

The fall of 2003 brought a new location to the road map of our lives...we bought our first home! It was built in 1856, starting out with just two rooms. After many renovations it was now big enough for a whole family. Which was great because just a few months after moving in we were blessed with the news of our first pregnancy!

We did not think we would be able to have children due to health problems on both our parts, but we were both as happy as to young people in love could be. Unfortunately, the health problems didn't stop and when I was 8 months pregnant the doctors informed us that James had cancer for the third time. This was of course devastating. We had to took our 3 month old baby to daddy's chemo treatments. Then in March 2005 he received his second bone marrow transplant which meant months in the hospital and lots of time to recover. We had to put off wedding plans until he was well enough. Lucky for us shortly after our daughters first birthday, on September 17th 2005 James was feeling better and he made me his wife!

Life was good, we had a wonderful, healthy daughter, nice home, good jobs and more love than we could contain. Once James was back to work full time an opportunity arose for me to be a stay at home mom with a small in home daycare. I have been home for almost 3 years now and couldn't be happier. This is where I want and need to be.

I guess their isn't much more to tell about me and James. We are a pretty normal married couple. He still works at the schools. Which is great because we are on the same schedule. We recently made an addition to our family with a second child who is just as amazing as the first. Right now everyone is happy, healthy, and life is very pleasant!

No comments:

Post a Comment